31. Does the sorting requirement also apply to companies that have very few PMDs?
Mandatory collection of PMDs applies to all businesses, regardless of the amount of waste.
32. Can I group PMDs together with companies located in the surrounding area?
This is possible, if you can arrange this with your waste collector.
33. What can we do if we share a building with other companies?
Follow the same rules that apply to the collection of other waste fractions. Discuss the approach with other companies in your building and with the waste collector.
34. What margin of error is allowed for PMDs?
Your company is responsible for the quality of PMD sorting. If you submit PMDs that do not meet the sorting rules, they may be rejected by the collector.
35. Who is Brussels Environment?
Established in 1989, Brussels Environment is the administration for the environment and energy in the Brussels Capital Region. Its areas of activity cover the environment in the wider sense, including:
- air quality;
- sound disturbance;
- electromagnetic waves;
- waste management planning;
- sustainable production, construction and consumption;
- nature and biodiversity;
- animal wellbeing;
- management of the Sonian Forest, green spaces and natural areas;
- management of non-navigable waterways;
- the fight against climate change.
Having this wide range of businesses under one roof is a real asset that allows us to approach our various activity areas in a cross-functional and non-segmented manner.
More information can be found on Environment Brussels.
36. Who is Fost Plus?
Fost Plus promotes, coordinates and finances the selective collection, sorting and recycling of domestic packaging waste in Belgium. Find more information here www.fostplus.be